Sunday, June 22, 2008

Recently I was having a discussion with the band I.E. and singer Margot was saying. "I just don't wanna do this anymore, I just don't care" refering to her band. I said, "Was it because nobody was at your show last night? Of course it's gunna suck balls if nobody shows up." "Not at all" she explained, "I'm just sick of showing off." Then I understood. When you're so awesome, part of that awesomeness is a certain modesty that reinforces the awesomeness that the non-super awesome could never understand. Point is, you don't want to show off to everyone how awesome you are by, lets say, performing in your band or writting brilliant blogs-that actually makes you more lame. I really relate to that. Thats why I wrote a blog today. Point is I want to die.

2 comments:

thee makeout party! / burger records said...

this is the most intelligent discourse on post postmodernism i've ever read.

Emma said...

you are me and together we are three.
alpacinoisdog.blogspot.com
xx